Amazing Charcoal Face Mask DIY Recipe (Just 2 Ingredients)
This activated charcoal face mask DIY recipe is absolutely amazing. Popularity of the charcoal face mask is on the rise.
Benefits of Charcoal Face Mask DIY
For many, charcoal face masks have been found as an all-inclusive remedy for:
- pore cleansing,
- blackhead removal,
- oil absorption,
- acne(here’s a medical study)
- and an overall smoother, healthier facial skin.
This 2-ingredient recipe is very easy and cost-effective to make at home. Many recipes online contain glue for a peel off effect, but this one is all natural.
Activated Charcoal is used in acne face creams to treat severe inflammatory acne. Activated Charcoal is well known for its ability to pull toxins and poisons of all kinds. It is used in every Emergency Room in the world as an antidote for poisoning. It will also help adsorb the toxins that cause acne. Why not give it a try, and experience the results for yourself?
Charcoal Face Mask DIY Recipe
- 2 T Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 T Activated Charcoal
- In a small bowl, combine Aloe Vera gel and activated charcoal in that order. Mix thoroughly until a smooth gel is formed. Be patient. It may take a few minutes.
- Apply the mixture to your face and spread out evenly. Leave it on for 20-40 minutes. The longer you can leave it on, the better will be the results.
- When you are ready to remove the mask, wipe off your face with paper towels. Note that activated charcoal can be messy.
- To remove any remaining charcoal residue, apply Aloe Vera gel directly over the discolored area before wiping with paper towels again. It should come right off.
*Your own Aloe Vera plant can be used in lieu of store-bought gels. Keep in mind that the process will take longer in order to extract the gel from the plant.
*Hardwood activated charcoal is my preferred charcoal for making poultices. It is less expensive than other types and is ideal for pulling toxins from deep tissue areas. For those combatting acne, a regimen of both external activated charcoal applications as well as internal will be most effective.