Made from 100% Eastern American Hardwoods, this activated charcoal powder is ideal for treating topical ailments, such as insect, spider, or snake bites, poison ivy, cuts, scratches, minor burns, as well as other simple detox applications. Its meso-porous structure draws and binds a broad range of toxins and poisons from even deep tissue, allowing the body to heal itself the way it is Designed to.
Suggested Uses: NATURAL HARDWOOD ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, because of its extensive pore structure, makes it an ideal Topical First Aid in charcoal baths, foot soaks, bandages, gels, creams and charcoal poultices.
Commonly Used Recipes:
Charcoal Poultice (6in x 6in)
- Mix Together: 2 Tbsp. Charcoal Powder, 2 Tbsp. Ground Flaxseed Powder, 4 Tbs very Hot Water (¼ cup)
- Stir and allow to cool.
- Spread charcoal jelly between layers of paper towel or cloth.
- Apply charcoal patch to body part.
- Overlap patch with plastic.
- Cover all with cloth or elastic wrap.
- Mix together ¼ cup of water, 2 Tablespoons of charcoal powder 1/2 teaspoon psyllium seed husk powder (if doubling recipe start with slight 3/4 tsp) for one minute until a gel begins to form. Set aside Plastic wrap or Bandage wrap.
- Once the gel turns to a ball lay out a 12″ x 12″ piece of plastic wrap and place gel in the center. Smooth out to desired shape, about three inches from center in all directions or how desired. Place another piece of plastic on top, the same size as the bottom, gently press down and then roll out to desired size and thickness, as if you were rolling a pie crust.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove one side of plastic from patch and apply to affected area and gently press down. You may wish to wrap again with a plastic wrap to keep from leaking.
- Apply a cloth bandage to hold in place. Change patch at least every eight hours.
Our Hardwood Activated Charcoal Powder (pH-7) is specifically designed for the adsorption of large quantities of high molecular weight substances, including pigments.This grade is designed for applications requiring a minimum amount of carbon to remove a maximum amount of impurities. The neutral pH and filtering speed make this grade ideal for pharmaceutical and fine chemical purification, and purification of food products. It has a broad range of filtering applications. It is made from hardwood and meets the food-grade quality of activated charcoal as defined in the current edition of the Food Chemicals Codex and is Certified NSF/ANSI Standard 61.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High adsorption capacity and efficiency
- Neutral pH
- Food-grade quality
- NSF/ANSI Certified
% thru 100 mesh (150μ)
|95 – 100%
85 – 95%
65 – 85%
|Surface Area (m2/g)||1400 – 1800|
|Iodine Number (mg/g)||1,000 minimum|
|Moisture||10% maximum as packed|
|Apparent Density (lbs/ cu. ft.)||20 – 23|
|pH||6 – 8 typical|
|Filtering time (sec)||50 – 100|
This information has been gathered from the manufacturer and/or test data, and is assumed to be accurate and reliable.
CharcoalRemedies.com only warrants that this product will meet the above described published specifications and makes no other warranties of any kind either expressed or implied including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose or application. Buyer assumes all liability and risk that may arise from the use of this product.
FOOD GRADE [NSF & KOSHER CERTIFIED] Premium steam activated charcoal powder specifically processed to meet strict purification standards. PACKAGED IN THE USA and Family Owned & Operated in Nebraska, Est. 2006